At Westlands we encourage our students to get involved in a wide range of subjects. A set of cross-curricular skills are developed so that our students can achieve in both key stages and later on in life.
Below is a guide to the curriculum being offered in the 2017/18 academic year. If you would like to find out more about the subjects offered at either KS3 or KS4 please contact the school and we will be happy to talk to you.
Key Stage 3
In Key Stage 3 we offer a range of traditional subjects which are taught by subject specialists. These subjects are supported by lessons and activities that are designed to support learners by, hopefully, raising self-esteem, developing social and emotional skills and fostering positive caring relationships .
- Food Technology
- Design and Technology
- Outdoor Education
Key Stage 4
At Key Stage 4 we offer a mix of traditional GCSE subjects complimented with a suite of vocational options. We aim to ensure that every students accesses and achieves as many qualifications as they possibly can. All qualifications are nationally recognised accreditation
- GCSE Art
- GCSE English
- Functional Skills English (Entry Level, Level 1 and Level 2)
- GCSE Maths
- Functional Skills Maths (Entry Level, Level 1 and Level 2)
- Open Awards Hospitality and Catering
- Open Awards Design and Technology
- Open Awards Entry Level in IT Skills
- Open Awards Technical IT Skills
- Open Awards Creative Industry Skills
- Open Awards Science
- BTEC Sports
- NOCN L1 Diploma in Skills Towards Enabling Progression (QCF)
- City and Guilds L1 Diploma in Vehicle Systems Maintenance
If you would like to find out more about the subjects offered at either KS3 or KS4 please click on the links to the right or contact the school and we will be happy to talk to you