At Westlands, we understand that moving to a new school can be a big change for students.
By working with parents/carers and other important people in their lives, we believe that the move for students will be a lot easier. We have a staff group who have many years experience of tailoring the transition to ensure that each student is able to maximise their potential. We take pride in being able to help those make the move and set them on the road to success.
Transition Plan 2021
In being able to plan for transition, this year has again been more challenging than we are used to; but we have already started to work towards the changes:
· Key staff from Westlands and Primary Schools have already started meeting to discuss individual students so that all student information is passed on
· Key documents and EHC plans are available for Westlands staff to read.
· A letter outlining our transition plans has been sen to parents/carers of prospective students. A copy of this letter can be found here.
· Key staff from Westlands will start to visit students so that we can build the positive relationships that we encourage.
· Senior Leaders at Westlands will arrange individual phone calls with parents and carers of Year 6 students to ensure you have a full opportunity to discuss any concerns.
· If COVID-19 restrictions allow, we will arrange for student visits to take place so that they can become familiar with the building, classrooms and staff.
· Continue with meetings between students, Westlands staff and primary school staff.
· Transition week activities to take place potentially week beginning 5th July in line with Stockton Local Authority guidance
Whilst access to the Academy is restricted we have created a video tour to give new students a feel of the layout and facilities here at Westlands. Take a look and feel at home!
The details about the school uniform requirements can be found here. Please contact the school regarding any questions around Academy-produced jumpers.