At Westlands, we understand that moving to a new school can be a big change for students.
By working with parents/carers and other important people in their lives, we believe that the move for students will be a lot easier. We have a staff group who have many years experience of tailoring the transition to ensure that each student is able to maximise their potential. We take pride in being able to help those make the move and set them on the road to success.
Transition Plan 2023
In being able to plan for transition we have already started to work towards the changes:
· Key staff from Westlands and Primary Schools have already started meeting to discuss individual students so that all student information is passed on
· Key documents and EHC plans are available for Westlands staff to read.
· A letter outlining our transition plans has been sent to parents/carers of prospective students.
· Key staff from Westlands have been to visit students so that we can build the positive relationships that we encourage.
· Continue with meetings between students, Westlands staff and primary school staff.
· Senior Leaders at Westlands will arrange individual phone calls with parents and carers of Year 6 students to ensure you have a full opportunity to discuss any concerns.
· Transition week activities to take place week beginning 4th July in line with Stockton Local Authority guidance
Whilst access to the Academy may be difficult for some, we have created a video tour to give new students a feel of the layout and facilities here at Westlands. Take a look and feel at home!
The details about the school uniform requirements can be found here. Please contact the school regarding any questions around Academy-produced jumpers.