It is our aim to ensure that every student achieves whilst at Westlands. To do this we make sure that we are:
- offering a broad, balanced, relevant and appropriate choice of subjects for each individual’s needs
- providing appropriate qualifications to engage all learners at KS4 which enable progression onto level 3 courses.
- promoting a love of learning across the curriculum in a wide range of discrete subject areas
- securing high achievement in literacy and numeracy
- provide stretch and challenge for all
- equipping pupils for their role as citizens
- encouraging pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds
- developing problem solving and thinking skills
- providing opportunities for students to question, analyse, evaluate and synthesise
- developing an awareness of spiritual, social, moral and multi-cultural understanding
- encourage habits of independent learning to become resilient learners
- supporting learning needs of ALL students
- encouraging out of class learning to enrich all students’ education and develop leadership skills
- providing opportunities to prepare students for post-16 and beyond
- providing high quality careers education so students are prepared for their next stage of learning
- encouraging students to engage with an enhanced curriculum to stretch and challenge our more and most able learners
Use the Curriculum > Subjects link to the right to find out how each subject department implements a curriculum to achieve the goals.
The impact of our teaching, learning and assessment can be seen in the Performance data shown by clicking on the link on the right.